Frequently Asked Questions
What days of the week are classes at held?
Classes are held Monday through Friday unless otherwise specified in the summer school catalog.
Can my child bring a snack?
Yes. Snacks are allowed. Due to allergies, we asked that snacks do not contain nuts. Snacks cannot be refrigerated.
How will my child get from class to class?
We encourage families to visit the Open House so children have an idea where their classes are prior to the first day.
- The first three days of summer school there will be several KASD staff at Woodland including principals, summer school staff and Learning Services staff helping direct students.
- Teachers will have copies of schedules to help guide students.
- Assigned summer school staff will be stationed in the hallways each day of summer school to help direct students. Each day a principal and secretary will be at summer school to answer questions.
- We encourage you to give your child a list of their classes to carry with them the first day. This will make it easier for us to guide them to their next class.
My child has a gap in his or her schedule. May he or she stay at school?
No, there is no supervision available for children who have a gap in their schedule.
My child was not recommended for reading, writing and/or math. Can we still register?
No. To help keep these class sizes small so we can focus on the individual needs of students, only students with a recommendation from their teacher may be registered for recommended classes.
Cancellations - How will I know if sports are cancelled due to weather?
Sign up for remind-me by texting @ssweather to 81010 SS Weather-Remind Me Instructions for up-to-date cancellation information.
How will I know if a course we are registered for is cancelled?
Phone calls or emails will be made to registered students if a course is cancelled. Depending on availability, alternative classes will be suggested.
How are "Out of District" summer registrations made?
Students who live in the Kimberly Area School District who would like to attend summer school in one of the consortium districts. (Appleton, Brillion, Freedom, Hilbert, Hortonville, Kaukauna, Little Chute, Menasha, Neenah, or Shiocton)
- Contact the district where you would like to take summer school classes to obtain an approval form.
- Please make sure you also have a registration form with the list of classes your child will be taking. We need this information before we can sign the approval form.
- Please fax (920-788-7919), Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or stop by to have Jodi Neuber or Holly Prast sign your approval form.
Students from a Consortium District who would like to take summer school in Kimberly.
- Pre-register with the link listed on our summer school page.
- Jodi Neuber will obtain the appropriate approval from your home district after registration.
My child is Open Enrolled, what is his/her attending district
Students participating in open enrollment should consider their school district of attendance as their home school district.