Career Clusters and Pathways
Careers have been organized into 16 clusters based on common knowledge and similar skill requirements. Within each cluster there are pathways that break those careers down further into smaller groups.
Choosing a career path can feel like a daunting process at times and that is why it is important to consider what career clusters could be a good fit and explore on a broader scale first, sort of like testing the water before getting in.
Career clusters are a framework that allows us to examine areas of interest without having to choose a specific career right away. District parents can explore career clusters on the Xello (formerly known as Career Cruising) website through the parent login or alongside their child in intermediate, middle or high school using their student account. More information on Career Clusters and Pathways can also be found on the Career Outlook website.
The Career Clusters are:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics