Building for Their Future
To remain a destination District for families in the Fox Cities, we must meet the current and future needs of local youth through innovative facilities.
Click on the images below to see larger renderings.
- About the Facility
- Current and Future Needs
- Facilities History
- Training Facility Features
About the Facility
- Located at Kimberly High School
- 50,000 sq. ft.
- 6,000 sq. ft. weight room
- 55 foot ceiling
- Attached at current locker room hallway
- Building layout East/West
- Construction started in August 2016
- Completed in August 2017
Meeting Current and Future Needs
- Community Needs for 1,800 Youth
- Changing High School Needs
- Financial Stability by Being a Destination District
History of Building for Their Future
The District strives to balance improvements based on student enrollment and needs for academics, the arts, activities and athletics. View a timeline highlighting our "History of Building for Their Future," which includes data on referendums, additions, improvements and large maintenance projects.
Did you know?
- Kimberly High School was built in 2001 and the first additions in 2005 expanded band and choir facilities
- Special education additions have been built at JRG Middle School and KHS in the last three years
- New 4K Center for Literacy opened in the Fall of 2015
- HVAC updated and new walls at Westside Elementary the Summer of 2016
- Student access to technology is now 1:1 in grades 5-8
- Welding, construction and metals programs expanded at KHS
- Theatres and library media centers at both KHS and JRG have been renovated during the last three years
Read more about the student needs that this facility will meet.
Training Facility Features
- Physical Education Classes
- Track & Field
- Speed & Strength
- Field space for Band practice
- AP Testing space
- $5.45 million project
- Will not increase taxes
- Booster donations of $500,000+
- Cost of project paid through current District budget
- One-time cost, not recurring
- Low spending high achieving District (Per pupil spending $1,000 below State average)
Donations are welcome to support the Indoor Facility at Kimberly High School. If you are interested in supporting this project, please contact Bob Mayfield, Superintendent of the Kimberly Area School District, at (920) 788-7900.