Are you considering the Kimberly Area School District for your child?
2019-20 Open Enrollment Application Period:
February 4 to April 30, 2019 Click Here to Apply
- Parents must submit online application forms to the non-resident district between February 4, 2019 and 4 p.m. on April 30, 2019.
- Late applications are not accepted for any reason.
For More Information, click on the links below:
If you have any questions about open enrollment in the Kimberly Area School District, contact Jen Bixler our Open Enrollment Coordinator at (920) 423-4166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUR VISION: Students will grow as problem solvers to reach their potential in academics, arts and co-curriculars.
Preparing students to be community, college and career ready takes hard work by students, teachers and parents alike. Our five-year Plan for Excellence focuses on growing and learning new ways to do things together in order to prepare students for their future.
Some of the ways we're planning for excellence:
- Literacy and Math are considered the building blocks to higher level skills such as problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking. All students will receive individually appropriate support and intervention as needed. Click this link to learn more about performance reports for our schools and district.
- Professional learning by our staff is the cornerstone to improvement of student achievement. All KASD elementary teachers are learning a new way to teach literacy in a large-scale professional development initiative for Early Reading Empowerment.
- Kimberly High School has been recognized as one of America's Best High Schools by The Daily Beast (previously affiliated with Newsweek magazine) and as one of America's Most Challenging High Schools by the Washington Post. Only the top schools in the nation receive these honors. This is a credit to the hard work of students, parents and teachers because the students' academic careers start at a young age and build to this level.
- Kimberly High School's high quality Career and Technical Education (CTE) offerings have been recognized by state leaders. Several departments and CTE programs (such as welding, marketing, family and consumer science, and engineering) were highlighted as examples of how work-based learning helps enrich classroom experiences and build connections between students, teachers and local businesses. We are very excited about our school-within-a-school CTE offering - Architectural, Construction and Engineering (ACE) Academy. The ACE Academy is built around the theme of construction related fields and exposes students to a spectrum of career choices while teaching them skills for high-demand careers.
- Students have opportunities to pursue excellence in the arts through coursework and co-curricular activities. Kimberly High School students have garnered tremendous recognition for their artwork. Every year, multiple students in 5th through 12th grade are selected for prestigious All-State Choirs.
- Through improvements to our Academic and Career Planning (ACP) resources and processes, students are better supported as they learn about themselves and develop goals for their future.
We provide an academic environment in which all students participate in rigorous and relevant learning experiences, and are encouraged to pursue their potential in the arts and co-curricular activities.