School Matters Newsletter
"School Matters" is a publication designed to keep residents informed of current district news. It includes information regarding the most current Board of Education meeting and other District news. Several times during the year, we publish special insert sections for the School Matters newsletter. Sign up for School Matters below.
View our most current editions of School Matters online here.
- Creating Computer Science Opportunities for Students 11-25-19
- Students Helping a Family Rehabilitate Their Home 10-17-19
- Rube Goldberg Machine Team 5-13-19
- Career and Technical Education 2-25-19
- Actively Improving School Safety 1-28-19
- Expanding Computer Science Opportunities 1-22-18
- $1.1 Million Saved by Students while Preparing for Life After Graduation 12-21-17
- Students are Constructing Their Future through Community Building Projects 11-30-17
- Making a Difference Every Day 6-5-17
- Learning Through Play in 4K 4-10-17
- Supporting Students' Mental Well-Being 2-27-17
- Supporting Student Health 1-23-17
- Students Save $1 Million Preparing for Life After Graduation 10-24-16
- Facilities Improvements Completed Over the Summer 9-26-16
- School Forest Grows from Community Support 4-25-16
- How KASD is Using Continuous Improvement to Enhance Academic and Career Planning (ACP) 3-28-16
- Max Lom, a Student at KHS has Earned a Perfect Score on the ACT 2-8-16
- LMCs are a Great Place to Be: Student-centered school libraries 1-26-16
- Computer Science 12-14-15
- Community Service 11-23-15
- Community Partner 10-26-15
- Students Access to Technology: A Tool to Enhance Learning 9-28-15
In July of 2016, we started a new publication called "Papermaker News." The goal is to expand our communication processes to members of our community who may not have children currently in our schools. This District-wide newsletter is distributed to all households within our community twice a year.
Read past editions online:
Plan for Excellence
The Plan for Excellence is our five-year plan that outlines our commitment to developing students who are community, college and career ready. Click here to learn more about the Plan for Excellence.