The Internet is an incredible resource that gives individuals access to library of information never imagined. It is an invaluable tool in today's world. While this tool has the capacity to bring the world into your home not everything in the world is appropriate. Below you will find websites, software and other tools to help you provide a quality web experience for your children.
- K9 Web Filter - Free web filter for your home computer
- Action Alert - Free and paid web filter and monitor
- Windows Live Family Safety - Free Tools for Windows computers
- Minor Monitor - Automatically monitor your child's Facebook account
- AVG - Free Virus and malware protection
- AVAST - Free Virus and malware protection
- Avira - Free Virus and malware protection
Safe Computing Practices
- Yahoo! Safely - Tips and suggestions on safe computer practices
- Family Safe Center - Tips and suggestions from Google on safe computer practices and how to use their built in tools
- NetSmartz - Tips and suggestions on safe computer practices
- WiredSafety - Internet safety and help group
- CyberSmart - Activities, resources and practical advice to help families safely enjoy the online world
- OnGuard Online - OnGuardOnline.gov is the federal government’s website to help you be safe, secure and responsible online.
- KASD Internet Safety - Kimberly internet safety for grades 5K-4